Facebook video innovations from The Facebook F8 Developer Conference 2015
Facebook’s F8 Developer Conference revealed it’s latest video innovations with the most ground breaking being the introduction of spherical video’s in our News Feeds.
There are 3 billion video’s viewed on Facebook on a daily basis with 65% of those viewed on mobile devices.
With 53% of video views coming from shares.
There has been a number of video features added in recent times:
SHOWCASING VIDEO ON YOUR PAGE
1. Animate your story with moving graphics
2. Grab attention in the first few seconds
3. Know your audience
The sound off experience which allows for video’s to be viewed while scrolling through the News Feed without sound so as to not disrupt the user in their environment.
Facebook listens intently to it’s users and this is what we had to say about Facebook video:
New Facebook tools will be introduced for creators:
1.Full featured API
2. Video Publishing Partners
3. Embedded Video Player
The full featured API these features:
1. Publish seamlessly to Facebook
2. Control when,where,and by whom your video is seen
3. Analyze performance of your videos
1. Do the basics (CTA tagging)
2. Upload file size of 1.5G
3. Resumable uploading
4. Real-time encoding updates
1. Scheduling and take down
2. Restrict audience
3. Publish directly to video tabs
4. Upload subtitles for multiple locales
5. Set custom thumbnail
6. Manage featured videos and playlists
1. Track engagement metrics
2. Understand video performance including:
Average view duration
Embedded video player allowing you to:
1. Bring Facebook video to your website
2. Reach new audiences outside of Facebook
3. Likes and shares increase the distribution of your video on Facebook
Facebook’s new video innovations will be a potential goldmine for all Facebook marketers and business owners.
I am looking forward to implementing these new features into my business and taking full advantage of all that Facebook technology has to offer.