The keys to building massive teams in your network marketing business
When building our network marketing business, we initially focus on selling and producing.
All of a sudden we have a team that’s growing rapidly and we realize that the game has just changed.
Selling and producing is one thing, team building is a completely different ball game.
Sure, we all want massive teams but are we ever really ready for everything that comes with that?
Today I’m going to share with you a few key team building concepts that when mastered, will enable you to:
1. Build a massive team of people
2. A team of people who produce
3. A team of people who produce without nagging you all day long.
When you’re building your business, you want it to get better as you progress, not worse.
Your main goals when building massive teams is:
1. Growing your organization that expands beyond your sphere of influence.
2. Grow your organization beyond what you can manage and control.
3. Grow an organization beyond the capacity you can imagine.
4. Lead your team to the dream, if their willing to work for it, while maintaining your freedom and your phone not blowing up every minute of the day.
Building your team can be easy, holding it together is 100 times more difficult if you don’t do it right.
There are three core concepts of what this industry is and how it builds:
1. Producing: Selling
2. Duplication: Selling it causes other people to sell it, reinforcing itself when you’re not there.
3. Productive income: Income from people producing sales. Some will be residual, most will be from new people.
There is something we call an attrition rate within the network marketing industry, which is where people will join and then at some point down the track they will quit.
You can’t keep 100% of people around for eternity. – Attrition never stops!
Generally, to keep people around they need to be making $1000 a week.
This is when they stop quitting in large numbers.
Everyone else is constantly being replaced.
Accept that people will buy products and not do anything with them or not do what you want them to do.
This is something I had to comes to terms with when I first got started within this industry.
It still astounds me to this very day that people will buy products and do absolutely nothing with them.
We must accept it and move forward.
We can’t get mad at human nature, we must be flexible.
People will quit, jump from thing to thing and leaders will leave.
Our aim is to constantly be replacing people all the time faster than people can quit.
There is another crucial point to keep in mind:
Systems don’t keep people around, culture keeps people around.
You may have the most amazing system in the world but if you have 0 culture you won’t keep that many people around that long.
Think about religious groups, a voluntary group of people that gather at least once a week.
Network Marketing is very similar.
We are a volunteer army.
How do we create culture?
1. We must have a vision that is attractive to people.
2. A strong source of motivation.
3. Massive action geared towards production both in width and depth.
Width being personal and depth being pass ups.
If you can build massive teams while building a culture around it, you will keep more people around as they will feel and know that they are a part of a vision bigger then themselves.
There is a simple team building formula:
1. Leads (prospects)
2. Follow up
3. Effective at selling
4. Up selling
5. Duplication mechanisms
6. Cultural mechanisms